Disclaimer

The blog posts listed here do not reflect the ideas of The Bell, it's editors, advisors, or other staff, as well as anyone else in the world but me, myself, and I.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Price of Your Soul

THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Got your attention? Good. It's time once more for the magical Sunday we all call, The Super Bowl. Sure as always, the Patriots are making their annual appearance, and there's a feel good story involved in the Giants (as long as you aren't a Cowboy or Packer fan), but past that, we just want the glitz, the glamor, and the really, totally awesome commercials.

Or maybe, you're insane, and actually want to go to the game. A noble thought, if not one for idiots. Still, I admire the courage, and your deep pockets. Super Bowl tickets are running for a very affordable $19,000 a seat. Not including the ten dollar hot dog of course.

Honestly, the Super Bowl is nothing short of a corporate event at this point. No one who goes is a fan of either team, they're there for the public exposure and because they work for Microsoft. I don't care how much you love your Patriots, you're not gonna pay 20 grand just watch your team win again.

Short and simple, if you want to go to the Super Bowl, I suggest taking a nap. It's the only place that'll ever happen. Short of being caller number 27 or streaking down the street for a weird contest of some sort.

Or you could just, sell your soul.

2 comments:

Jake said...

If I ever go to the super bowl in my entire life, Andrew, I'll bring a big spray paint sign that says, "I'M HERE FOR PUBLIC EXPOSURE!" just for you.

N said...

Why pay so much money when you can sit at home and watch all the awesome commercials?