Disclaimer

The blog posts listed here do not reflect the ideas of The Bell, it's editors, advisors, or other staff, as well as anyone else in the world but me, myself, and I.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random Thoughts of Boredom

Since anything noteworthy in the sports world has refused to happen lately, today's edition of OVERTIME is dedicated to tiny little thoughts regarding some tiny little happenings.

First off, let us remember this day, when 41 years ago the Green Bay Packers, led by quarterback Bart Starr and legendary coach Vince Lombardi, defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10 to win the very first Super Bowl. Since then the Packers have won the title twice more (and are in contention for another this year) and the Chiefs have another. That's right, 41 years of elongated halftimes and hilarious commercials. Here's to football!

LeBron James was caught speeding this past December 30th on his 23rd birthday. I'd hardly care except for the fact that he was going 36 miles over the 65 mph speed limit. Yes kids, 101 miles per hour. The NBA superstud then replied, when interviewed, "It's not a big deal to me." It's all clear to me now, LeBron James is the reason there are 45 bajillion car crashes a second (I can't be bothered to check, watch an AllState commercial).

Finally, I think it's time we all give Terrell Owens props for finding his feminine side. Following the Cowboy's crushing loss to the G-Men of New York City, Owens responded to allegations against teammate Tony Romo by bursting into tears and defending his quarterback. Too bad the writers are on strike, I wanted to see it when they give T.O. the oscar.

Hope you enjoyed these thoughts. If you didn't, tell someone in the sports world to get cracking on something interesting.

2 comments:

BeauJangles Baker said...

Lets talk about the chiefs andrew that will be happening soon. I know they are not in the playoffs, but i mean its ok they are making moves a new offensive coord. should be in the news soon and lets get pumped Its only like 29 days until spring training. LETS GO ROYALS!!!!

Jake said...

I find it funny that Bart Starr sounds kind of like Brett Favre.